A brief history of the Factory:
- Founded in 1864 by Anton Tschinkel in Eichwald, Bohemia, Austria making majolica.
- From 1874 porcelain production commenced.
- In 1885 C. Teichart (a Meissen, German company) bought the factory and used patterns and moulds from the Meissen plant.
- It was the first factory to produce the "onion" pattern in Bohemia.
- From 1895 it became B. Bloch & Co. when Bernard Bloch purchased the factory.
- 1920 the company changed its name to Eichwald Porcelain and Stove Factory Bloch & Co .
- 1939 the Nazis confiscated the factory and sold it to Dr H. Widera & Co. of Thuringia, Germany.
- It was Eichwald Porcelain and Stove Factory Widera & Co until 1945.