Wednesday 27 January 2021

Spring Cleaning ?


Just a thought when thinking about Spring Cleaning this year.  Although we do not suggest you "Burn them, burn them!"  you could always bring them to Boldon (when the national restrictions allow).

When I moved from one house to another 

there were many things I had no room for.

What does one do? I rented a storage 

space. And filled it. Years passed. 

Occasionally I went there and looked in, 

but nothing happened, not a single 

twinge of the heart.

As I grew older the things I cared 

about grew fewer, but were more 

important. So one day I undid the lock 

and called the trash man. He took 

everything.

I felt like the little donkey when 

his burden is finally lifted. Things! 

Burn them, burn them! Make a beautiful 

fire! More room in your heart for love, 

for the trees! For the birds who own

nothing– the reason they can fly. 

STORAGE by MARY OLIVER 


No comments: